Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Statistical Progm & Analysis Group Lead
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee planning, management and implementation of clinical development strategy according to the agreed Clinical Development Plan (CDP) within the established timelines, budget and quality required for multiple global compounds as assigned
- Responsible for the personnel development with regard to required leadership skills and functional/cross-functional best-practices, statistical and TA expertise, and motivation of competent staff
- Establish a strong working interface with all Statistics and Statistical programming sub-functions. Ensure consistent and transparent end-to-end process with line management in other regional sites
- Translate strategies and plans into actions in order to accomplish objectives and goals of global statistical programming leadership team
- Ensure operational plans for function are aligned within allocated budget
- Ensure high quality global submission deliverables including statistical reports, analysis datasets, documentation, programs and health authority responses
- Create and maintain project plans including timelines, resource planning, and risk assessments for planned and exploratory requests
- Leadership and functional management of a subgroup of statistical programmers/analysts
- Accountable for performance management, including annual performance planning, development dialogs discussions, on-going progress review and continuous feedback and performance evaluation
WHO ARE YOU:
- MS or BS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Natural or Environmental Sciences, Informatics, or related field or equivalent (of theoretical/technical depth)
- Minimum work experience in statistical programming or statistics in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry: BS with ten plus years of relevant experience; or MS with eight plus years of relevant experience
- Three plus years of experience in leading/managing a Statistical Programming or Statistics related function in a global organization.
- Drug development, health authority submissions, and CDISC knowledge required.
- Has in-depth knowledge of statistical programming language(s) i.e., SAS, R, SPSS, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of statistical methodology used to analyze, interpret, and deep understanding of data, i.e., the use of confidence intervals, hazard ratios, and p-values etc. is required
- Possess ability to understand intricacies of various study designs and comprehend analysis plans which may describe methodology to be programmed
- Proven experience of leading teams with the ability to mentor, coach, and train them on new programming applications as required
- Established track record of engaging cross functional team members
- Demonstrated ability in budget management for department
- Ability to translate strategy into tactical activities
- Proven ability in project management of timelines, resources, and activities within a study and/or project
- Management of escalation process when appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to address and resolve conflicts, has proven collaboration skills
- Excellent english written and verbal communication skills
- The incumbent would also represent Bayer at external conferences
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 399701
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics