Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
This position is for a process engineer who will be part of plant technology team. Process engineer will be involved in regular functions of the Projects/Engineering department. He/She also supports to plants in terms of doing the troubleshooting and making concepts for plant improvements.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical leadership in selection of new technologies available in market for any new ideas and projects
- Perform FEL studies during early phase of the projects and participate in preparation of business case, concepts and scope
- Develop process engineering concepts and perform /validate process engineering calculations
- Preparation / review of various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) such as Process Flow Diagrams, P&I Diagrams, Process Datasheets, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, etc. and providing necessary engineering inputs to the other disciplines and other departments
- Ensure that all Bayer guidelines and standards are followed during complete project cycle
- Participate in HAZOP studies (A3 reviews)
- Support in preparation of engineering proposals with required investment, benefits and payback period analysis
- Preparation of RFI, RFQ and vendor bid evaluation from technical side during detailed engineering
- Support plant teams for optimization and troubleshooting by understanding the production operations
WHO YOU ARE:
- Full time Bachelors’ or Masters’ Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 05 years of work experience in Process engineering in engineering consultancies
- Should be well conversant in preparing Conceptual design document, Basic & Detailed Process engineering, commissioning of Chemical facilities
- Must have experience in green field and brown field projects from concept to commissioning.
- Well conversant with latest International codes, Standards and new technologies in market etc.
- Working knowledge of Process deliverables, i.e. PFDs, P&IDs, EPDS, IPDS, selection of equipment/instrument, design of PSVs, line sizing etc.
- Must have fluency in English (written and speaking)
- Should be good at using office tools (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Ready to work with team of different disciplines
- Working knowledge on design software and smart plant environment would be preferred
- Willing to work in production plants would be an added advantage
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 279261
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology