Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Packaging Technology Manager
Responsible for packaging development for Bayer owned sites & toll manufacturing sites and Silvassa.
Implementation of regional/global PacTec initiatives in country.
Data generation for new product registration for India w.r.t Packaging.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure continuous improvement in the quality standards of packing materials by adhering to local and global quality standards/ norm.
- Meet customer’s expectations & ensure compliance with the legal requirements.
- Enable/ Facilitate global data base creation for packaging material specification & packaging concept.
- Packaging Specification and Concept Management - Create Global data base for packaging specification and packaging concept.
- Liaise with Indian Institute of packaging for Transport worthiness trials and with vendors for UN certification.
- Standardization and harmonizing of packaging material.
- Inspect and report findings for Market complaint packs.
- Packaging concept approvals for new products requests for local & export
- Provide support to procurement for vendor evaluation/development and vendor audit.
- Support marketing team for new product and new pack launches.
- Continuous improvement on packaging standards with cost effective measures in place while exercising budget control for Packaging Development.
- Artwork approval management
- People and talent development.
WHO YOU ARE:
- BE/ B.Tech./B.Sc. Tech with a 3 month certificate course or B.Sc./ M.Sc. with 2 years full time degree in Packaging technology from IIP (Indian Institute of Packaging) or equivalent institute (SIES)
- At least 8-12 years relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of Packaging
- Knowledge on local regulations (for e.g. Insecticide Act) and common global packaging norms
- Analytical skills
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 416747
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing