Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Medical Science Liasion
The MSL shall act as a scientific expert between Bayer and the medical community through the dissemination and education of scientific data and material. The MSL establishes long-term scientific/strategic relationships with key, influential physicians/scientists/stakeholders and with related major medical associations and academic centers of excellence. These relationships will ensure that Thought Leaders (TLs) and organizations have access to relevant scientific information and that pertinent information is shared with the medical community. The MSL uses his/her experience and knowledge interacting with key external medical and pharmacy professionals through the process of education via one-on-one interaction; small group discussion and symposia lecture presentations including interactions associated with sponsored medical education programs and research protocols. The MSL facilitates TL involvement in national, regional and local educational forums including advisory boards, symposia and Continuing Medical Education (CMEs).
The MSL also serves as an important partner to internal stakeholders within Bayer by communicating relevant information from Thought Leaders (TLs) to key cross-functional partners.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exchange and dissemination of scientific, educational, and research related information: The MSL plans, partners and engages with TLs as a subject matter expert and colleague both proactively and reactively via various innovative TL engagements tactics and formats to provide dissemination, clarification and education of scientific data, study protocols, meeting abstracts, and professional literature (Both proactive discussions on-label, and reactive discussions for unsolicited off-label questions in alignment with local regulations)
- TL Identification / profiling / segmentation and strategy and engagement planning: In alignment with medical strategy as stipulated in the integrated brand plan, the MSL contributes to internal understanding of specific TL interests, expertise and impact in the medical community at large
- Participation at / networking in Congresses and Conventions: The MSL uses congresses and conventions to network with TLs, establish new contacts, and gather competitive intelligence
- Coordination of Scientific Education Activities and Advisory Boards: The MSL plans and organizes scientific training, education events / sessions and advisory boards with TLs within their specific therapeutic area
- Preparing reports and tracking activities: The MSL submits timely reports of field interactions and events, as well as tracks activities against agreed upon PMP objectives and country medical activity plan
- Collecting Investigator Initiated Research (IIR) ideas and facilitating IIR set-up: The MSL acts as a point of contact for investigators, facilitating the interface with investigators and appropriate BHC personnel responsible for approval, and communication of study progress and completion
- Interactions with Medical Societies: The MSL answers medical / scientific queries of Medical Societies with regards to BHC products
- Market Access: The MSL provides assistance to Medical Advisors and Market Access and supports presentations of new information to hospital formularies and reimbursement decisions makers as required
- Internal scientific support: The MSL serves as internal scientific expert by selective support to training activities in addition to answering scientific / medical queries by the Sales Representatives (in conjunction with / as a supporting element to Medical Advisors)
- Clinical Research Support: The MSL provides additional support (as required) to support local clinical operations personnel / Medical Advisors with respect to strategic feasibility in company sponsored clinical development studies as well as facilitation of medical affairs interventional and observation studies
- External scientific support, training and education: The MSL provides additional external scientific support, training & education not covered by other primary activities
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, pharmacology, dental sciences, or medicine. Advanced degree in science-related field e.g. MD, MDS, PharmD, PhD preferred
- 2 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry as an MSL preferred or experience in medical affairs, drug information, clinical research and development, or other clinically relevant activities
- Basic knowledge of therapeutic area products
- Participated in a project from inception to conclusion
- Understanding of clinical trial design and rationale
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to build productive work-relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently and a demonstrated self-starter
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization skills with thorough attention to detail ensuring timely follow-through and closure with Thought Leaders and fellow MSL
- Strives to impact individuals and organizations
- Exhibits interpersonal awareness
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Strong statistical skills and ability to extract insights from data preferred
- Academic / scientific writing experience either through educational background and / or job experience
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 445392
Functional Area: Medical Affairs & Pharmacovigilance