Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Manager - HSE Management Systems, South Asia
- Lead the development, adoption and implementation of documented HSE Management Systems for South Asia in alignment with the global and APAC and South Asia sub regional HSE strategy.
- Provide technical advisory and governance support to South Asia HSE Specialists Team supporting offices, seeds sites (Vegetable, Row Crop and Specialty Crops Seeds Product Supply, R&D) and fields.
- Adopt and implement key elements of the Bayer global HSE management system to ensure effective execution and delivery of key HSE goals and targets in South Asia.
- Lead the responsibility for meeting national and local regulations for Occupational HSE in South Asia as well as the Bayer Global and Regional HSE standards and policies.
- Business Partner (BP) for APAC row crop seeds and lead the row crop seeds APAC community
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide personnel, expertise and the management system framework to perform HSE expert support of South Asia locations, including local HSE Management System setup, Safety Assessments, Management of local governmental processes regarding HSE aspects and HSE performance reporting.
- Ensure development of the HSE Specialists in their technical HSE skills.
- Promote the use of global safety trend analysis, and direct the proper use of root cause incident investigations and site inspections of operational procedures, facility design, equipment and materials.
- Establish operational objectives, giving structure to local HSE program implementation and task execution. Delegate relevant activities to HSE Specialists.
- Monitor performance and effectiveness of HSE programs and local HSE management systems, which are in place to ensure compliance. Analyze safety data and advise on appropriate measures to prevent new or recurring accidents.
- Govern HSE compliance training and inspect labs, sites and field operations to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health standards.
- Develop and manage HSE compliance system in South Asia. Collaborate with Legal team governance implementation and Finance Teams for Risk Management and utilizing any compliance tracking tool deployed in country or globally.
- Lead or participate in B level audits at sites in APAC region and Lead C level audits in South Asia.
- Support HSE Specialists to prepare and facilitate HSE Management Reviews and support the continuous HSE improvement cycle.
- HSE point of contact for various South Asia based functional LT/ stakeholders – including but not limited to PS - FFP and Row Crops, Veg PS and R&D.
- Support human rights implementation in field production and support community outreach activities.
- Work with and align with regional and sub regional teams.
WHO YOU ARE:
- University Degree or higher in HSE, Engineering, Science, or related fields.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional business experience with growing responsibilities, including leadership roles.
- Proven HSE experience or knowledge of HSE related processes
- Fluent in English and one major language of the region.
- Business insights and good understanding of needs & challenges in the crop science industry.
- Capability to collaborate and facilitate open dialogue with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders.
- Highly effective verbal, written and presentation skills and ability to influence across all organizational levels.
- Has a Strategic Mindset and Values differences.
- Attracts and develops talents.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 259081
Functional Area: Sustainability, Health, Safety, Environment