Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Lead Statistical Analyst
Responsible for leading submission and non-submission related quality statistical deliverables (reporting and data) across all assigned activities
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create or contribute to the SAP and TLF development. Develop ADS specifications/define files and supporting documentation for planned and exploratory analysis
• Focus Oncology Data Analytics: Develop and validate statistical programs for clinical study/integrated programming requests in close collaboration with statistical teams.
• Focus Medical Statistics: Lead statistical programming and validation activities for interventional/non-interventional/RWE studies in close collaboration with statistical teams.
• Ensure traceability and usability of the structure and content of the source data for the planned analysis.
• Develop utility & compound/study specific macros.
• Strongly partner with statisticians and statistical programming teams to ensure use of compound/project standard definitions.
• Collaborate with other functional team members ensuring consistency within study/integrated standards definitions and end to end compliance within a clinical study/integrated analysis.
• Lead the study statistical analyst team, if assigned.
WHO YOU ARE:
Education and Experience:
• MS or BS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Natural or Environmental Sciences, Informatics, or related field or equivalent (of theoretical/technical depth)
• Minimum of 8-10 years of work experience in statistical programming or statistics in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry: PhD with five plus years of relevant experience
• Statistical analysis experience in Oncology required.
Communication & Presentation Skills:
• Fluency in English required
• Demonstrated ability to address and resolve conflicts;
• Proven collaboration skills
• Excellent written/verbal communication
Leadership & Business Skills:
• Mentor and oversee junior level analysts
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as needed
• Demonstrated project management skills within a study or across studies
• In-depth knowledge of statistical programming language(s) i.e., SAS, R, Shiny, Spotfire, etc. required
• Experience generating interactive data displays using statistical and/or visualization software or tools (ie. SAS, R, Shiny, Spotfire) is a plus
• In-depth knowledge of statistical methodology used to analyze and interpret aggregate data, i.e., the use of confidence intervals, hazard ratios, and p-values etc
• Therapeutic area knowledge of oncology and experience in analyzing genomics and biomarker studies is an asset
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 493926
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics