At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Law Patents Compliance Business Partner - Mfg sites
To act as Legal business partner for manufacturing sites of Bayer in India by partnering with various functions of manufacturing sites for minimizing legal and compliance risk. Guiding Site Management team in taking strategic decisions thus contributing to business growth and performance.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advising on good governance practices and ensuring all relevant statutory obligations are met by introducing robust compliance management systems. To make timely disclosures to the concerned Governmental authorities with complete transparency.
- Reiterating the importance of Compliance and Ethics for encouraging the leaders to strengthen the tone at the top. Provide fearless and independent advice about Compliance issues and to take an unflinching approach for discharging ethical and professional duties in the best interest of Bayer.
- Providing proactive and preventive legal advice to the Members of Management Team and respective Site Managers and Head of Toller Management in ensuring statutory compliance and supporting new business developments from time to time.
- Analyzing and providing guidance and education to relevant stakeholders for implementation of imminent legislative changes and impact on business – in short act as a “Business Partner”.
- Business partner for real estate portfolio of Bayer group of companies in India which includes advising Real Estate and Site Management timely for ensuring the title of the properties clear and marketable. Responsible to handle crisis situation with respect to litigations challenging the validity of title of the Bayer sites.
- Develop procedures and processes for faster completion of manufacturing projects thereby reducing project tenure and time-to-market of new products.
- Representing the interests of Bayer group in resolving site related disputes, claims or lawsuits against it, in a manner, which is both economical and consistent with the best business and ethical interests of the Company.
- Strengthens the local statutory compliances thereby earning the trust of all stakeholders and enhancing reputation of Bayer Vapi Private Limited.
- Strategic partner having better business understanding and working in collaboration with business, shaping key strategic decision-making and directly contributing to sustainability of business performance.
- Ensures clear and marketable title of the real estate owned by Bayer Group of companies in India and secure the rights of Bayer by exploring right litigation strategy.
- Strengthens Compliance Culture by ensuring integrity in business dealings, creating awareness through innovative and engaging trainings and overseeing implementation of relevant policies.
- Proactively managing the legal risks in strategic business transactions
- Provides timely advice on recent changes and amendments affecting business, to Site Management and Toller Mangers of various sites of Bayer Group in India.
- Recommends and implements policy improvements through innovative, simplified and ultra-effective processes and procedures.
- Handles crisis management related to legal topics.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Law Degree from reputed University in India with experience of more than 7-8 years in legal and compliance matters, preferably in manufacturing and real estate area.
- Experience in the field of handling statutory compliances for big manufacturing set up and having thorough understanding of laws applicable to Life Science industry including strong knowledge of real estate laws in India and ability to handle complex real estate matters.
- An individual with the personal confidence, legal acumen and decision-making skills
- An individual having the right mindset and putting self in the shoes of the business and its customers, actively listening and engaging, taking time to build relationships, sharing openly, taking responsibility with transparency and integrity, speaking out and applying excellent judgment.
- Ability to lead and manage the projects independently
- Advance ability to train and lead presentations on various legal matters with Bayer colleagues and management
- Good interpretation skills and ability to efficiently work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage external stakeholders.
- Role model in business integrity and ethical behavior
- Solid time management, prioritization, and organization skills
Bayer does not charge any fees whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not entertain such demand for payment by any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any Bayer Group entity(ies) worldwide under any pretext.
Please don’t rely upon any unsolicited email from email addresses not ending with domain name “bayer.com” or job advertisements referring you to an email address that does not end with “bayer.com”.
Bayer is an equal opportunity employer that strongly values fairness and respect at work. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of race, religion, gender, age, physical characteristics, disability, sexual orientation etc. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
|Location:||India : Maharashtra : Thane|