Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Asst Manager QC - Genetics & Seed Health
Manages team of genetic purity & seed health testing in both row and vegetable crops
Strive for timely implementation of molecular tests
Collaborate with global platform functions to ensure strong partnership and knowledge exchange to enable successful delivery of strategies.
Understand customer and stakeholder needs to work towards exceeding their expectations driving a customer centric mindset.
Accountable for implementing new seed quality testing workflows in genetics & SH Prioritizing and defining Quality strategy and projects with regional seed technology & platform lead as well as with global platform leads.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning and execution of Genetic purity & Seed health using protocols defined by global platform functions.
- Resource planning and management-lab chemicals, lab supplies and Lab instrument maintenance, calibration, and validation.
- Coordinate with production, technology, crop quality and Inventory management team for annual sample estimation and arrival schedule.
- Work with Global platform functions for validation and implementation of new test protocols. Responsible for implementation of Lab Vantage in both seed health & genetic as per timelines Support new QC test and validation as per Global Genetic quality Assurance, establish testing protocols. Collaborate with project team for implementation of new lab to support molecular based GP test in RC Aligning with regulatory for seed movement within & outside India.
- Owns root cause analysis of complaint samples of Genetic / Trait Purity & seed health. Participate in Continual Improvement projects and implement best practice. Sustenance of QMS, EMS, ETS and Laboratory management systems.
- Responsible to bring operational excellence in Genetic purity & seed health lab and work on cost reduction in testing.
- Plan for implementation on One PSS in seed testing & process improvement to reduce test cost.
- Play a key role in expansion of testing facilities in the area of genetics and seed health by liaising with different stakeholder
Key Working Relation: Seed Production Innovation Team Product Supply, Product Management Procurement, Production Research, Logistics, Finance, Customer Care Agronomy, Regulatory, Breeding, Biotech, Quality Control, and IT teams Global Row Crop Quality Functions Global Specification Management
WHO YOU ARE:
Masters' degree in Biotechnology or Molecular Biology or related field with 5+ years’ experience. PhD degree in related field is an added advantage. Demonstrated capabilities in collaborating with teams, proactive and implementing strategies that deliver quantitative business results. Leadership skills in leading teams with formal and informal authority. Genetics & Seed Health related experience.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 533167
Functional Area: Quality