Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Assistant Manager - Accounts Payable
Provide leadership support to the team members in their responsibilities related to processing of the Accounts Payable transactions of North America Region to ensure timely payments to suppliers. This involves monitoring of workloads and allocation of tasks amongst the Accounts Payable (AP) team ensuring that key tasks are undertaken on time.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading and developing a team of 14-16 Team Members, including employee training and development; managing group workload and establishing priorities; ensuring existing policies and procedures are followed
- Responsible for overall deliverables related to:
o GRIR Reconciliation
o Vendor Open Items Management
o Vendor Query Mailbox
- Managing Escalations from Vendors & Business Stakeholders promptly
- Responsible for Communication with Vendors for topics related to Invoice Rejections, Process updates
- Providing Feedback to the AP Invoice Processing team on Quality Issues and working closely on improving quality.
- Provide thoughtful analysis and recommendations to foster dialogue with business leaders to make informed decisions based on trends, performance and future projections
- Ensure that procedures are maintained to ensure accurate, complete and timely processing of Accounts Payable transactions using cost effective methods and tools
- Document, monitor and execute internal control procedures that encompass our company’s Internal Compliance controls
- Understand business direction, key changes and needs; initiate and lead the conversations on how AP team needs to mould and adapt in order to stay proactive
- Effective Communication with Front office & internal teams regarding changes to procedures, tools and other items that may impact the processing of vendor invoices
- Support the Process & System Integration Projects for SAP & S4Hana
- To participate & lead in departmental intiatives
- Effectively manage and direct the daily activities of the associates and guide performance
- Oversee the preparation of periodic reports and reconciliations as required including KPIs for the Accounts Payable team & share regularly with Stakeholders
- To problem solve the issues and provides timely solutions to the team/regions
WHO YOU ARE:
- B.Com/MBA Finance or any Accounting Degree
- Overall experience of 10-12 years within a Shared Service Organization
- People Management Experience of 3+ years- Performance Appraisals, Coaching, Development
- Experience in managing large number of stakeholders
- Excellent Knowledge of Source to Pay Processes- Accounts Payable, AP End to End activities
- Ability to deliver under high pressure
- Good collaboration, influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Advanced Excel, Powerpoint & Presentation Skill
- Managing Complexity & ability to lead in an ambiguous environment
- Building Effective Teams & Developing Talent
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 426582
Functional Area: Finance & Tax